Friday 1 December 2006

A nice start!

It has been a nice way to start my adventure in Calypso. I have only been playing maybe 2 - 3 hours a day max. and I feel I have come a long way.

I logged in this morning and tried my luck at sweating again. It went quite well considering I wasn't dieing all that much and my basic skills were improving (Evade, Athletics, Combat Reflexes, Sweat Gathering etc etc). I stopped at 270 sweat and went back to the city (Port Atlantis) to sell my wares when I came across a guy recruiting members into a new society.

Intrigued with an idea of joining what seemed to be similar to a guild/clan/faction, I questioned him about it.
"It is a society that focuses on the Mindforce ability", is what I was told. Mindforce is a skill which is used by focusing with your avatar's mind, and then you are able to either heal, inflict damage, teleport etc depending on what equipment you have with you and how skilled you are.
"Wow! Sign me up."

Anyway, shortly after joining I was shown what the power of the mind could achieve, with the correct training and equipment. I followed him to a creature where he did this 'hocus-pocus' movement with his hands, and then WHAM! he inflicted a decent amount of damage.. he did it again and the helpless thing died. Feeling that this was pretty awesome I agreed to stay in the society.

As I was the most enthusiastic member assigned so far, he decided to spend some quality leader-member bonding time with me. He gave me a load of equipment worth maybe 80PED (Yes, 8$ worth), and I followed him out to the wild where I tested the Mindforce ability, both inflicting damage upon the monsters and healing my teammate. Then we were able to loot the monster and move on to another. It only lasted 15mins or so, but it was fun, and my skills had probably tripled which was nice.

Next, I was shown how to try mining. Pretty much putting bombs in the ground and my equipment told me if I was near to any valuable resources. The society leader was also doing this a few paces away and was far more successful than me (because he is more skilled), but it was still training my skills and I was enjoying it. The mining trip proved to be a failure, without finding anything apart from water (which I believe has no value). So, we resumed the beating-up-of creatures and looting what we could.

When we got back to Port Atlantis we sold off some loot and went our seperate ways for the session. He promoted me to a higher rank, where I could invite others to join the society. I also managed to sell 2 pieces of armour worth 1.50 PED. It's been quite an active day.. so I logged off.

It appears my end-of-week goal that was set yesterday has already been completed, with what I assume my in-game profit is maybe 75PED (had repairs done to melee weapon). My end-of-month objective still stands however. It may be possible for me to make 2PEDs a day, but I am sure I will be able to complete this objective shortly.

Cx

No comments: