Tuesday 5 December 2006

Another day

Another day has now gone by and things are going fairly well for me. I've not really done anything new and nothing exciting has happened. Just stuck with the 'skilling' for now, whacking what I can with the longblade and repairing it with the money gained from selling loot. Not really making any profit (perhaps 10 pec an hour), but I'm only focusing on getting the skill up on the longblade.

It may seem easy, and in some ways it is. At first, you tend to get experience added at every successful hit, and that experience tends to level you up until you get to maybe level 100. Then, it takes you maybe 0.9 of the way, and it's still pretty fast. Then, when you get to 150ish it goes down to maybe 0.8 or something (not really looked, but it seems like this) and it generally goes down as you increase in levels. When it increases, you don't always get experience when you hit, and you may go several kills without any experience being added; which is just unlucky.

I just stuck to it and kept grinding on. No good loots, maybe 1ped most (but had repairs so no real profit as I've said). If I stayed on for longer, i'm sure I would have made some more money, but I'm not at a stage yet where I want to push aside real-life commitments for the game. I doubt it's gonna do me any good playing an extra 3 or 4 hours to maybe make 10ped ($1) which is just going to be spent on some virtual.

That was the extent of my fun yesterday, thwacking whatever I could kill. After that episode, I started using my lesser teleport chip (using mindforce) that lets me teleport around a small distance. I just used this to try and get to different parts of the map enabling me to 'unlock' teleporters to allow me to teleport instantly to that location in the future. I managed to get quite a sizeable amount of teleporters on the first continent (there are 2 official continents I believe.. don't use the 2nd one all that much).

After that, there wasn't any need to stay online. There was a fair amount of running away from monsters involved too - when I conveniently teleported into a swarm of powerful creatures :o. I logged off shortly after I got what seemed like all of them (there's likely to be a handful more). Quite an average day I suppose.

Now, what are my goals? E-o-M goal: 10 peds a day.. once again, can't profit 10 a day, so no achievement there. E-o-W goal: to get 300 longblades skill, hmm 190 now.. looks promising.

Cx

No comments: