Thursday 30 November 2006

My first day..

I arrived in a new world named Calypso wearing what looked like orange prison uniform - the type you would receive if you were in British youth offenders' institute. I had spent a decent amount of time, during the 4 hours of download, looking on forums across the interweb for information that may help me in the game.

I found out that the only real way to make any money (without begging or generally being an ass) was to do some Sweating. Sweating? Apparently sweating is a good skill to learn and all you don't need any equipment to do it. Pretty much, you target a monster, and select the option to 'Sweat'. Then you do something with your mind and use your 'mindforce' to attempt to acquire some sweat from the being. If you are successful, you're awarded with bottles of sweat (the more bottles for the more experience you have in the 'Sweat' skill).

These bottles of sweat can be traded with other players around the universe for other items or sold for PEC (the Project Entropian Cents). I thought this seemed like an easy way to get money. However, the success rate of successfully acquiring sweat varies and can sometimes take a long time. Additionally, if an animal gets bored or annoyed or you sweating it, then it attacks you. As you're a newbie, you naturally have no means of self-defence, and you can either run away and risk being chased and killed or you can stand proud and try and gather sweat whilst it's attacking you. The latter is the better option, as you do still stand a good chance of gaining sweat from the creature.

Also, whilst you're being attacked you gain experience in other skills such as 'Evade' or 'Courage'. These skills decrease the chance of the animal hitting you or decrease the damage inflicted by the animal. So, in the long run, you're better off being attacked and gathering sweat as you are likely to get more experience in different skills this way, thus 'climbing up the career ladder quicker'.

After I had gathered what I thought was a lot of sweat through some hours of failure I headed off to the market place of the city with the hope of selling it to afford a decent weapon. I had 46 bottles of sweat and tried selling it for what I thought was good. I was told that the price per bottle is around 0.8 PEC... That means it's worth $0.00008 in real life... Lol! Not really an ideal way to make money. Anyway, I got read of it for 0.37PEC cos I was a noob and was scammed without realising :)

Rather annoyed with the discovery of such ludricous prices, I logged off for the day.
Cx

No comments: